Himalayan Soapnuts, with essential oils directly on the bag to add extra cleaning power, to scent my fabrics, and to deter bugs. Then reusable PurEcoSheets go in the dryer, instead of poisonous conventional dryer sheets.
Some of my favourite essential combos for laundry:
- Nature's Shield blend from Now: a powerful anti-microbial, which makes it excellent for kitchen towels, cleaning rags, or anything that has been sitting damp.
- Lavender (calming) and tea tree oil (antiseptic)
- Orange, bergamot, and patchouli (deters moths!)
- And Aura Casia blends for bedsheets: Chill Pillow, Mellow Mix, or Pillow Potion to aid with sleep; or Love Potion to set the mood. ;)
How I clean my BATHROOM:
Step 1: Clean toilet with ecover toilet bowl cleaner
Step 2: Spray surfaces and tiles with eco max lemongrass all-purpose cleaner and wipe
Step 3: Scrub the tub with Dr. Bronner's liquid castile soap - a little goes a long way!
Step 4: Dilute Nature's Shield essential oil blend from now and spread it around the caulking of the bathtub to kill and prevent mold growth.
Step 5: Spray lavender scented Lotus Aroma in the air to make it smell pretty without harsh chemicals
Step 6: Fill the bathtub with warm water, 1/2 cup Heartfelt Living Himalayan bath salts with lavender, and 5 drops Chill Pill essential oil blend.
Step 7: Grab your favourite loofah or sea sponge and pumice stone and get in that water. You deserve it!
KITCHEN, and the rest of the house
This is all you need to clean the rest of your house!
- Baking soda and lemon are great for grease and grit.
- Eco Max orange all-purpose cleaner and Eco Nuts Multi-Surface cleaner are great sprays that make the job even easier.
- Add Sovereign Silver to your spray cleaners to ramp up the germ-killing power for especially bacteria-ridden surfaces like kitchen counters.
- Use Nature's Shield essential oil blend to kill and prevent mold.
- Mop the floors with a dollop of Dr. Bronner's pure castile soap diluted in hot water with a few drops of lemongrass essential oil.
holistic as heck nutritionist